We’ll add more market news briefs throughout the day. Check back to read the latest.
Home equity rates:
Yesterday’s most recent market news:
- Total existing-home sales were up 5.1 percent (seasonally adjusted) month-over-month.
- Sales are up 1.5 percent year-over-year.
- The median existing-home price for March was $222,700, up 5.7 percent year-over-year.
- The March ABI score was 51.9, up from 50.3 in February.
- The new projects inquiry index was 58.1, down from 59.5 in February.
- Regional averages for the following regions were: South (52.4), Northeast (51.0), West (50.4), Midwest (49.8)
- Mortgage applications increased 1.3 percent week-over-week (adjusted).
- The refinance share of mortgage activity increased to 55.4 percent of total applications from 54.9 percent.
- The average contract interest rate for 30-year fixed-rate mortgages with conforming loan balances ($417,000 or less) increased to 3.83 percent from 3.82 percent.
Email market reports to firstname.lastname@example.org.